I’m always looking at recipes on Pinterest but I never end up making them. This had been on my board for so long and I’m always looking at it. We had all the ingredients for it and said just make it! (with a few tweaks)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup nut pieces (pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 375*. Spray 7 x 10 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, half the strawberries, half the nuts, and half the chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add the oats to the baking dish. Arrange leftover strawberries, nuts, chocolate, and a sliced banana on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until milk is set and oats are golden brown.
- Serve! Top with maple syrup, brown sugar, or eat it plain!
Pour the milk mixture on top, tilting to spread around.
Serve! Maple syrup, cinnamon, and brown sugar are just a few toppings you could add. The possibilities are endless!
How about adding a can of pumpkin puree! I bet that would be fantastic!!