I just figured out how to add color to a post. Mwahahaha 😉
Anyway, I’ve got a recipe for you today! This is perfect for Christmas morning, or really any chilly winter morning. Or any morning at all. Or for dinner. It’s just really good.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 7 x 11 baking pan.
- Mix oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half of the blueberries, half of the nuts and half of the chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, vanilla, butter, and pumpkin puree.
- Add the oat mixture to the baking pan. Add the liquid mixture to the oats. You will need to stir it in because the pumpkin puree won't sink through.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips, nuts, blueberries, and banana.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until liquid is set and golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
I based this off of my Baked Oatmeal. How much things have changed since I made that in March!
You could always top it with some maple syrup or brown sugar, but I don’t think it needed it.
I’ll be spending the morning reading everyone’s WIAW‘s. I already got a 3 mile run in, and I’m running a Turkey Trot tomorrow!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone! I will see you on Friday!