Pancakes have been my jam lately.
very berry multigrain hot cakes – big boy
pumpkin pancakes with pumpkin butter
And a new recipe coming your way –
For those of you that don’t know, a yooper is someone who lives in Michigan – above the Mackinac Bridge, in the Upper Peninsula. I am proud to call myself a yooper! We’re known for our wild growing blueberries and pure maple syrup. Although not many yoopers would have any clue how to pronounce “quinoa” or sprout a lentil, that’s okay because they make these!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium heat. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat egg in a separate bowl. Add buttermilk and melted butter to egg. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and mix until blended. Stir in blueberries. Pour (or scoop) onto buttered griddle. Flip when bubbly and dry. Serve and enjoy!
- No buttermilk? Just take a little less than 1 cup of milk and add some drops of lemon juice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
I made these on Sunday and again last night. Sunday I made four huge pancakes and yesterday I made 6 medium. You could easily make a whole bunch of mini ones too! (which would be a lot easier to flip 😉 ) You can half the recipe to make a single serving.
I think my photo editing is getting a lot better too 😀 now all I need is a real camera instead of using my iPhone!