Hopefully, this will be the last recipe I share that is taken with an iPhone. The reason? I bought a camera! A Canon Rebel T3i, to be exact! I’ve been wanting to get a real camera for who knows how long, and I finally bit the bullet. Goodbye, life savings…
Anyway, since the whole feeling blah since Christmas, I’ve been craving light, healthy meals. These tuna cakes with a greek yogurt dill sauce fit the bill perfectly, without leaving me starving an hour later!
I served them over a bed of sauteed spinach, but I bet these would be great eaten as a burger or crumbled in a salad!
The best part? They come in at 300 calories for two! Actually 295, if you want to get that technical. Plus they are packed with protein!
- 1 5 oz can of tuna
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tbsp brown spicy mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp dill
- lemon juice
- Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick oil.
- Mix the tuna, oats, egg, mustard, and spices in a bowl.
- Either form by hand or use a pancake mold like I did. Cook for about 4-5 minutes and then flip.
- Make the sauce by combining greek yogurt with dill spice and lemon juice.
- Top cakes with the sauce and serve!
What kind of a camera do you use?
Do you like tuna?