First weekend of summer = success! I went for my first run in a week (omg so hot outside) and got in a few ten mile bike rides too. I also baked…a lot.
Confession: I have seven recipes in my drafts right now that I haven’t posted yet. Seven, people! I’m doing all I can do to restrain myself from posting them all at once.
Maybe this is going to become a recipe blog?
So this bread!
Mmm mmm mmm.
Now that we are moving I’m on a mission to use up things in the pantry and fridge! I found some zucchini in the freezer from my garden last summer that was lookin’ pretty old. Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread was born.
We’ve got a basic chocolate zucchini bread recipe with some white whole wheat flour and greek yogurt! Plus some real sugar and eggs because I don’t find anything wrong with them. Just try not to eat the whole loaf in one sitting.
Like I almost did.
Isn’t that hot pad adorable? I found it hiding in the drawer!
- 1c white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1/4c white sugar
- 1 1/2 c shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c greek yogurt (could sub sour cream)
- 1/4c sunflower oil (could sub canola)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a bread pan. In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa. Chop the chocolate chips slightly and add them to the flour too.
- In a mixer, add eggs, vanilla, and sugars. When mixed, add greek yogurt. Then add the zucchini, then add the flour mixture.
- Once it's mixed, spoon or pour it into the greased pan. Top with more chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of brown sugar. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit at least 10 minutes before taking out of the pan.