Utah Part 3 – Janae, Mount Rushmore, and Braking Down

Part 1
Part 2

Wednesday was our third and final day in Utah. After a quick run, Mom drove me down to Provo to see Janae!

hungry runner girlWe went to the Green Me truck for smoothies. So yummy!

green me pineapple smoothieAfter that Mom and I got lunch and it started raining… again. It rained every day we were in Utah. After a little while at the apartment we headed out to the malls!

city creek mallI didn’t buy anything but we took the train to get around and that was cool.

We went to bed somewhat early since we had to leave in the morning! Instead of going through Nebraska like we did to get to Utah we chose to go through South Dakota and see Mount Rushmore.

mount rushmoreleigha mom mount rushmorefamily mount rushmore

And then we broke down.

broke downThe belt fell off and the water pump broke so we had to spend the night in Rapid City, SD. It just happened to be Sturgis week so there were bikers everywhere! We even bought shirts :) sturgisWe got on the road the next morning a little later than planned since we had to wait to get the car fixed. I went to the fitness room and got a quick run in since I had a long time in the car ahead of me. On Friday we left at noon and drove through the night. We got home at 6 in the morning on Saturday. It was a long ride.

Image (35)Now I am home for the rest of the summer! I just got back from a few days at the cabins with my dad’s family and don’t have any more excursions planned until school starts.

leigha and matthew cabins

I am planning on relaxing a lot and working a little too! I still have one more post coming about Utah – the food!

Have you ever been to Mount Rushmore?

Leigha

Leigha is the founder and writer of The Yooper Girl. She has a passion for living life, eating good food, running long distances, and cats.

More Posts - Website

Twitter

Comments

1. 1

says

What a great trip! Makes me miss family vacations, so enjoy them while you can still have them! I miss my family terribly! I love that you went to a green restaurant for smoothies, I love places like that :)

I have never been to mount rushmore, my racing has taken me all over the country, but Utah is one of the states I am missing….someday I will go there! Shame I am done with college, as that is how I explored the most places. Nationals were often in really cool states!

• 2

says

Family vacations are the best!

Definitely go to Utah as soon as possible! It’s beautiful! Some great running too.. although the altitude isn’t very fun ;)

2. 5

says

THAT SMOOTHIE! (heart emojis x 100000). And that’s so awesome you got to see so many states! Mount Rushmore looks amazing. We drove to Kentucky in 2012 and my favorite part was getting to see all the different places/people. Except I wish I met some awesome bikers and bloggers haha! Have a great rest of summer girly!

3. 7

says

Oh man, it looks like you had SUCH a fun time! Mount Rushmore is truly awesome, isn’t it? I was just standing where you were a few months ago! *screams* seriously though, that struck me as pretty awesome. Too bad our trips didn’t coincide, that would’ve been kind of amazing. Aw man, breaking down is no fun! But hey, those are some pretty sweet t-shirts. (:

4. 9

says

I love how you guys made the most of your breakdown and even got t-shirts, haha! That’s so awesome!

5. 13

says

Given I’m not from the US I’ve never been to Mount Rushmoore. But it’s on the [admittedly endless] list of places I want to visit once I make it over there and even more so now that I’ve seen your awesome pictures. It makes me think of a movie I watched ages ago – don’t ask me which one – where somebody called the artist who’d shaped the presidets’ portraits and told her one of them didn’t like his nose in stone. So she fired a canon on it from afar to change that instantly. Fiction, obviously, but I thought that was funny. I have to laugh at the randomness of some things I remember …

• 14

says

I remember an episode of Phineas and Ferb where they were inside of it on lava slides or something! hahaha. Definitely make a trip there when you get over to the US! :)

Trackbacks