Brunch {9/1} and Life Lately

SEPTEMBER. How is this even possible? I swear each month keeps getting faster in 2014. For Labor Day we hosted brunch at our house. On the menu: Labor Day Brunch For some reason my cinnamon rolls haven’t been rising lately and I don’t know what’s wrong. They still taste okay but aren’t fluffy. Any ideas what’s up would be greatly appreciated! cinnamon rolls Anyway, brunch was delicious and the company was great.  french toastseptember brunch We didn’t get a chance to host brunch in August! It was such a busy month with the trip to Utah, the fair, the cottage, working, starting cross country practice, and starting dual enrollment classes. I have a few other things I want to share too… vitamixI bought a Vitamix! All of the hype about them is legit. This thing is insane! So far I’ve made green smoothies, pesto, and almond butter(!). homemade almond butterI’ve been running lots and have had two meets so far. I got 3rd place in both of them! marquette relay I’ve been going blueberry picking and garden picking. SO many tomatoes right now. IMG_3765 IMG_3966 garden tomatoes Other than that I’ve been working a lot, reading (currently The Da Vinci Code) and enjoying my last few weeks of summer! I go back to school tomorrow. I don’t know if I’m excited or not! I like the structure of having something to do each day but obviously not the homework ;) I’m not too sure how often blogging will happen but I hope I can fit it in with my crazy schedule! Happy Labor Day :D

Leigha

Leigha is the founder and writer of The Yooper Girl. She has a passion for living life, eating good food, running long distances, and cats.

More Posts - Website

Twitter

Comments

1. 3

says

Good luck with school tomorrow! Sophomore right!? That was one of my favorite years of high school :) I started [online] classes last week and am already dreading the “homework”. Blah. Can it be summer all year round? ;)
    molly@this life is sparkling recently posted…A good day of eats.My Profile

• 4

says

Yep, sophomore :) I started having homework last week and I’m already procrastinating it until the last night possible to do it. Yes please summer year round!

2. 5

Amy says

Great brunch eats! Sounds like you had a great Labor Day.
    I’m curious about your Cinnamon Roll recipe. I’ve seen you mention these a couple times on this blog, and I searched in your Recipes page, but I couldn’t find the recipe for them. Did you ever post it?
    CAN you post the recipe? I’d love to make them.
    Thanks!

3. 9

says

Brunch…the best. Everything looks amazing!! And I’m slightly jealous you got a vitamix! I’m actually getting a Ninja for free in the mail tomorrow. While it’s not quite a vitamix it’s way better than the old blender I’ve been using. Can’t wait to see more creations!
    Faith VanderMolen recently posted…A Healthy Homemade Nutella RecipeMy Profile

4. 13

Miranda says

1 idea on the cinnamon rolls- if the yeast is getting old or isn’t given sufficient time to rise, it can make less ‘poofy’! Just an idea :)

• 14

says

I thought about that, but I just made bread last week and it rose beautifully! I’m thinking the problem is that I didn’t “activate” my yeast. I guess I just have to try again ;)

5. 15

says

You always make food look insanely delicious in pictures! I pretty much drool on my phone when I see your instagrams, haha! That photo of you running in ADORABLE! :)

• 18

says

I’m almost done with it and I don’t want it to end, haha! And yes, definitely start that tradition with your family! It’s so much fun :)

6. 19

says

Well those cinnamon rolls look glorious. Tell you what; you invite me for a brunch, then I’d be able to offer my expert opinion once I’ve actually had them ;) .
    I had no idea nut butter could be made in a blender ( I always thought only a food processor could live up to that job)..or is that just the power of the vitamix?!
    Ms.j recently posted…At blogging/life crossroadsMy Profile

• 20

says

I would love for you to come for brunch :D
      I don’t know if it works in regular blenders, but the Vitamix is CRAZY. I love it!!

7. 21

says

I can’t believe it’s September already either! Wowowow….
    What a delicious-looking brunch! I’m sorry to hear about your cinnamon rolls :) But they look so delicious anyway!
    Congrats on the meets. You are seriously one of my running idols! I SO wanna be faster. I usually aim for longer distances and not better paces. Which is so stupid, I know… I have to change that ;)
    Josefine {The Smoothie lover} recently posted…Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Sage, Hazelnut & Cauliflower SauceMy Profile

• 22

says

Thanks Josefine :)
      Don’t aim for faster! I always focused on long distances then I did a 5k and was fast! Now with cross country practice though we’re doing fast workouts and I hate it, haha!

8. 23

says

Ahhhh good luck with school!!!! I seriously need to come to one of your brunches ASAP. I will catch the first flight to Michigan as soon as I can. ;)

Love ya girl!