It’s been a long time since I posted a recipe. To be honest, it’s been a long time since I even cooked anything (unless you count my work, but that’s different!). Simple foods have been the name of the game for me lately.
This month’s Recipe ReDux has me so excited. Here is the theme!
Fresh from the Garden
The season of bountiful produce has arrived. Whether your produce comes from the Farmers Market, a CSA share, or a plot of dirt out back, show how you are using fresh July fruits or veggies. And if you have gardening successes – or failures – please share!
It’s no secret that I have and love my garden! Not too many veggies are ready yet, but the lettuce is already getting overwhelming. If any of you locals want to pick some come on over!! We have so much!
For my recipe I put a spin on my Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad, which is by far my most popular recipe on the blog. I used a “meatless” fish I found at the health food store, vegan mayo, and added craisins and almonds! I stuffed that into lettuce from the garden and had the most refreshing lunch.
- 1 can meatless tuna
- 1/3 cup chopped apples
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/8 cup craisins
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chopped onion
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- Add "tuna", celery, apples, craisins, and almonds to a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chopped onion.
- Add in mayo and mix with a fork until creamy.
- Chill in the fridge or serve in lettuce wraps right away!
- Serve in pita bread or on a sandwich instead of lettuce wraps!
- Use grapes or raisins instead of craisins.