I love Bob’s Red Mill. I love Peanut Butter & Company. When I found out that they were partnering together this month, I was jacked. As a member of the Yum Squad, I was challenged to come up with a recipe involving peanut butter and oatmeal to celebrate #Oatober!
Energy balls are probably my fave snack ever but for some reason I don’t make them often. I mean, they couldn’t be easier – you literally throw everything into a bowl and mix. Form them into bars or balls and you’ve got yourself a tasty and nutritious snack.
I opted for a very simple base but please add in anything you love like raisins, coconut oil, dried fruit, cinnamon, nuts, hemp seeds, or my personal fave, chocolate chips. Variations are limitless and very encouraged.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp honey (agave or maple syrup will work)
- Make oat flour by blending oatmeal in a small blender for 5-10 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, add oat flour, almond meal, and chia seeds. Add peanut butter and honey. Mix with hands or a spatula until everything is evenly combined.
- Form balls and place on a plate and refrigerate for about a half hour. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- Used flavored peanut butter for even better results!
- I've found that wetting your hands before making the balls tends to not make it stick to your hands as much.