Hello blog. Much has happened since we last talked. I finished my junior year of high school, went to New York for a week, and am currently living in a cabin in the woods working at summer camp (of which I’m using my 15 minutes of internet time to post this)! Posts will be few and far between, but what’s new there 😂
A few months ago I got a package in the mail from Peanut Butter & Co with their newest launch – Chocmeister hazelnut spread! Um yes. Chocolate. (giveaway at the bottom!)
I used the Chocmeister in this Strawberry Banana Chocolate French Toast. French toast is good, but French toast stuffed with fruit and chocolate? Amazing. I even was super fancy and bought a loaf from the bakery that I sliced myself. Gourmet. We had a little brunch party and everyone loved it. I topped mine with maple syrup but whipped cream or powdered sugar would work fabulously too!
I felt like it was something you’d get in a restaurant yet I made it at home – so easily! Mom liked it, grandpa liked it, and Olivia said it was the best French toast she’s ever had. It’s simple!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- crushed peanuts, if desired
- 8 slices of bread
- Preheat skillet to medium heat. In a medium bowl mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Transfer to a shallow pan. Slice bread into about 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Take two pieces of bread and open them up. Spread chocolate on one side then place sliced strawberries and bananas on the piece. Cover with the other piece and dunk into the egg mixture then flip it over and dunk the other side (not the inside!).
- Place onto the heated buttered griddle and sprinkle with crushed peanuts, if desired. Let cook for about five minutes then flip to the other side, being careful to keep it together. Let the other side get golden brown and serve, cutting it in half and sprinkling with powdered sugar, whipped cream, or maple syrup.