I am possibly one of the worst food bloggers ever. I made this back in April. It’s, like, the middle of June. Why do I wait so long to post recipes?! This isn’t even the worst. I have another recipe I made in March I still haven’t posted!
I do it because I hear you’re supposed to tell a story when you post a recipe. I get behind on posting recipes because I want to make sure I say the exact right things and tell the perfect story. I need to remember that people don’t care so much about what I say, but whether or not they want to make the recipe!
So here is my story for this. Think Saturday morning. I stumble downstairs hungry for a sweet, hearty breakfast. What to make? Regular old oatmeal would be okay, but I already had it every day this week. Pancakes? YUM, but I really don’t feel like doing all that flipping.
Ugh. I could eat oatmeal everyday. Oh wait… I do 😀
You can make this to share with someone, otherwise you can eat one and put the other in the fridge for a different day. It heats up wonderfully in the microwave! It’s vegan and can be made gluten free by using gf oats. Enjoy!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar would work)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- optional: walnuts, chocolate chips, raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray two ramekins with non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients, oats through salt.
- In another larger bowl, mash the banana, and add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet bowl and stir to combine.
- Lastly, add the blueberries and any other add-ins you might want (I recommend chocolate!)
- Evenly distribute the mixture into two ramekins. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until all the milk is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Refrigerate the other for breakfast another morning! Or halve the recipe for just one.