This post is sponsored by Peanut Butter & Company and I received product. All opinions expressed are my own!
Peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, crushed candy canes. NO FLOUR!
Today I’m teaming up with Peanut Butter & Company to bring you #CandyCaneHacks – a way to use up all of those candy canes everyone has laying around during the holidays!
I decided to take my monster cookie recipe and revolutionize it by swapping crushed candy canes for the M&M’s!
These Candy Cane Monster Cookies are incredibly chewy thanks to the oats. The peppermint isn’t overpowering but just enough that you get a hint of it in every bite. Plus… look at how beautiful the candy canes are melted!
- 1/2 cup Mighty Maple peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 flax eggs or regular eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (about 6)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Using a mixer, cream together the peanut butter, sugars, and butter. Mix in the flax eggs and vanilla. Add in the oats and baking soda. Finally, add in the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes. Your dough should be THICK!
- Form dough into balls and place onto the sheets. Use a cookie scooper, an ice cream scooper, or your hands, depending on how large you want to cookies to be.
- Flatten the balls only slightly and top with additional candy canes and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden brown. Do not overbake!!
- Crush candy canes by putting them in a ziplock bag and using a hammer or rolling pin to crush them! Don't hit too hard or they will break through the bag 🙂