At the health food store I found this veggie “meat” on sale so I had to try it! My mom and I are really cutting back on our meat consumption and only really eat it if we’re at someone’s house – in other words, we’re not cooking much of it anymore.
Tacos are something that do need something more substantial than just veggies so I thought this “ground beef” would be perfect!
I was right.
I felt like I was eating a real taco! Homemade taco seasoning along with layers of cheese, lettuce, Greek yogurt, guac♥, and cilantro didn’t hurt either. I’m cringing at the old me that used to have three things on my tacos – lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Thankfully my tastebuds grew up!
I originally wasn’t even going to post this recipe (I did post it on Instagram!) because it was just a quick dinner and I didn’t do a real shoot and just kind of threw the ingredients together without measuring. Then I realized it’s okay; that’s what my blog is – a space to share the creations I’ve made in the kitchen! So, here is the recipe for super yummy vegetarian tacos that will have you guessing if there’s actually meat in them. Enjoy!
- 1 package vegetarian "ground beef" - I used Lightlife brand
- 1 package taco seasoning or homemade - recipe
- 6 tortillas
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1-2 avocados or guacamole
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Open package of "meat" and cook as you would regular meat. Once it's heated through and broken up, add a few tablespoons of water and the taco seasoning.
- Heat tortillas and top with "meat". Add your desired toppings and enjoy!
Also a big shoutout to Taco because she was on my mind the whole time I wrote this. ♥ you!